Saturday, May 12, 2012
Submit a story to the 2012 Golden Baobab Prize, a literary award for African stories that children and young adults all over the world will love!
The deadline for submissions to the 2012 Golden Baobab Prize is midnight GMT, Sunday, June 24, and the winners will be announced the first week of November.
* The author must be a citizen of an African state or a dual citizenship holder (a copy of a passport or comparable document will be required of winners).
* African citizens of all ages qualify to present submissions.
* Writers below the age of 18 years will be automatically considered for the Rising Writer Prize.
* There is no restriction on race or geographical location.
Contestants and entries must comply with ALL of the following criteria. Works that do not conform to the rules will be disqualified.
* Submitted stories should fall into either Category A (stories for readers aged 8-11 years) or Category B (stories for readers aged 12-15 years).
* An entry should be a work of fiction between 1,000 to 5,000 words. The category a story falls into may influence its length.
* There are no restrictions on themes but stories must be set in Africa or have very evident African content.
* Stories should be in written in English and should not have been previously published elsewhere, in part or in full.
* Pseudonyms may not be used. Entries must be submitted under the entrant's real name.
* Entrants may enter up to five stories.
* All entries must be the unaided work of the entrant.
* Previous entrants and winners of the Prize are eligible to enter in subsequent years.
* The title page of submissions should state the category and title of the story. All biographical information should be sent in the body of the submission email.
ALL entries will be acknowledged with an email to the address from which the entry was sent.
For all queries visit our FAQ page or contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Submitting Your Story
Entries should be submitted as typed Microsoft word or PDF documents. There should be a title page with the following information:
Title of Story
Age of entrant
The body of the email should include the following personal information:
Title of story
Age of entrant
Country of citizenship
Phone number (country code - area code - number)
How I heard about the Golden Baobab Prize (just a sentence or two)
Submissions will be accepted as email attachments to: email@example.com
Good luck, everyone!!! =D
My brother JP and his teammates Galilee and Marvin just won the gold medal in the men's team poomsae division of the 2nd Asian Taekwondo Championships in Vietnam! Click here to watch JP, Galilee, and Marvin being interviewed about their victory. The interview starts at 11:35 and is mostly in English. =D