Tuesday, March 27, 2012

WTF? It's in the book, people! And that's RACIST.

Book blogger Charles Tan told me a bit about this and then Tu Books editorial director Stacy Whitman shared a link on Facebook. . . Apparently there are Hunger Games fans who are very disappointed, even outraged, about the black actors cast in the movie.

*flips tables*

Click here to read an article about it.

Edited to add: I'm angry I'm angry I'm angry. So one of the messages being sent is that Amandla Stenberg "ruined" the Hunger Games movie BY BEING BLACK??? I cannot find the words to describe how angry I am right now.

5 comments:

Natalie, the Chickenblogger said...

It is beyond absurd.

Tarie said...

I feel like stabbing something. Someone please hand me a knife and a watermelon or something.

Madeleine said...

To be honest when I read the books I never thought about the race of the characters, it's a non-issue for me. I cannot believe people are being this vile and immature. I haven't seen the film yet, but I'm sure they cast the best actors for the roles, regardless of their ethnicity.

Tarie said...

Madeleine, "vile and immature" are the right words to describe this whole debacle.

RileyBree(: said...

http://inthenownovels.blogspot.com/

Check out my blog please(: promote and follow pretty o
Please(: