Big Changes

I've resigned from my job to be a full-time graduate student. Yesterday was my last day at work. I worked as an editor for the Resources Development Department at goFLUENT, a provider of distance English training solutions for corporations. Resources Development has two teams, the Trainer Resources Team and the Learner Resources Team. I was part of the Trainer Resources Team. This was my little corner in the office (yes, right next to the fire extinguisher :P )...


The rest of the Resources Development office...



Oh, hi Ray! Don't let me disturb you.

Ray is a writer for the Trainer Resources Team.


This is Jem. She's a fantastic writer and she's replacing me as editor for the team.



Here's Max, the manager of the Trainer Resources Team. :)



Check out Issa, a writer for the Learner Resources Team. She's holding our work "bible," Practical English Usage by Michael Swan.


Chloe hard at work. Chloe is also a writer for the Learner Resources Team.


Anya is the manager for the entire Resources Development Department.


There was a little going away party for me...




In the picture below I am with Aika (a writer for the Learner Resources Team), Chloe, and Issa.


Anya!


Why aren't you smiling, Jem?!





And here I am with my good friend Carlo. Carlo is part of the IT Department at goFLUENT. He did the artwork and design for this blog and Asia in the Heart, World on the Mind!


Yesterday was bittersweet. I will miss my wonderful coworkers, but I am also excited about being a full-time graduate student.

Comments

anya said…
I love the photos! We miss you too, Tarie. We'll be missing you for a long time.
Tarie Sabido said…
Anya, I really love you guys! <3
Blessie Adlaon said…
Thanks for sharing this with me, Tarie! I'm so sorry I missed it. I had Josh with me too! He wanted to see the Milo machine again, and his Tita Tarie :-(
anya said…
We love you too!!! And I still have the old cards and notes you gave me. I'm keeping them in case you become ... you know ... famous.
jama said…
Looks like a fun group. Thanks for sharing, and good luck with your graduate studies!
Tarie Sabido said…
Blessie: Awww, Josh missed out on all the yummy food!

Anya: :P

Jama: Thank you so much!
Blessie Adlaon said…
I know, right?! *sigh*
Avril said…
Awww, Tarie! :( Hope I still get to see you sometime...Good luck though! Back to school for me too, finally! 6 units this sem.
Aly in Va said…
Good for you and congrats/best wishes on your new adventure!
(I'm one of your lurker readers, but decided to leave a comment today :)
Tarie Sabido said…
Aves, go us! LOL!

Aly, thank you so much. :o)
Anonymous said…
When you leave so much love behind you can only be moving into something even better. Best of luck to you!! In what area will you get your graduate degree?
Tarie Sabido said…
Thank you, Edi!! =D I am earning an MA in English Studies: Anglo-American Literature.