Linky Linky

Here is some juicy news that I learned from Jennifer Hubert of Reading Rants, a great blog about young adult fiction:


Remember Elizabeth and Jessica Wakefield? Remember how Elizabeth was the "good" twin and Jessica was the "bad" twin? Remember Elizabeth's best friend Enid and Jessica's best friend Lila? Remember Elizabeth's long-time boyfriend Todd and Jessica's many boyfriends? Remember their friend Bruce? No? Well if you don't remember, that's okay, because the Sweet Valley High series created by Francine Pascal has been rereleased! As a girl I read and loved these stories about sister relationships, friendships, high school life, young love, and family life. I also enjoyed all of the spinoffs and the TV series! Sweet Valley High was the "Gossip Girl series" of the 80s and early 90s. They have now been updated - for example, the methods of communication and the fashion in the books have been updated and there are new, photographic covers - for today's girls. ;)


Remember getting freaked out by R.L. Stine's Goosebumps series? I only read a few of the books, but as a boy JP was nuts about these scary stories. The Goosebumps series has been revamped and reissued as the Goosebumps Horrorland series for the purpose of spooking a new generation of young readers!


And from the New York Times, here are interesting bookish bits about literary tastes making or breaking romantic relationships:

It's Not You, It's Your Books

Literary Dealbreakers

Comments

Anonymous said…
Hey, I remember Elizabeth and Jessica! I devoured this series when I was young. I'd be curious to reread a couple to see how they were written. I remember thinking, these girls are so cool and soooo grown up! Awesome.
Tarie Sabido said…
I'm also thinking of buying a couple of the reissued versions and hunting down a couple of the old versions - to compare and contrast!
Anonymous said…
I love, love, loved Sweet Valley High. Oh, the memories!
Tarie Sabido said…
Lauren, let's relive the memories by checking out the new books. Hahahaha!