Dr. Seuss' Horton Hears a Who!

I just got back from a great study break! I settled down in a nice theater with my good friend April, popcorn, soda, and candy to watch Horton Hears a Who! It's different, beautiful, laugh-out-loud funny, and filled with charming and wonderfully weird characters. And there were subtle messages about imagination and doing what is right even when doing what is right is unpopular. The movie was really entertaining! I love Dr. Seuss.

After the movie, I demonstrated remarkable restraint by visiting the bookstore and not buying anything. I'm telling you, it was truly an exercise in self-control/discipline. I was dying to buy Boy Toy by Barry Lyga (the latest Cybils winner for best young adult novel) and Evolution, Me, and Other Freaks of Nature by Robin Brande. I should first read at least a couple of the books waiting for me at home - hahaha!

Ok, time to get back to studying...

Comments

Anonymous said…
I just saw this movie on Thursday. I was nervous because it was the first time we had taken my 2 and a half year old to the theater but he sat through it just fine. I thought it was really fun and it's one of the best animated films I've seen for a long time. The Who town and people were a lot of fun, I'm glad they went all out.
Happy Easter Tarie!
And on your recommendation I am going to take the children to see Horton.
Tarie Sabido said…
Hi, Natasha! Belated Happy Easter. :o) The movie was awesome! I want to be a Who and live in Whoville.
Tarie Sabido said…
Belated Happy Easter, Natalie! *big hug*

I hope your family enjoys watching Horton together. I thought it totally rocked! :o)
Anonymous said…
You know, when you get tired of the boring editing industry, you ought to try your hand at the much-higher-paying COPY editing industry. You totally sold me on this one :-) Too bad I'll have to settle for the little screen to see this. Can't leave the one-year-old alone, you know.