Today is my birthday. :D In honor of... myself, I will post some random facts about myself. Heeheehee.
1. During the sixth and seventh grade, I would bake cakes/cupcakes (not chocolate) and would put tuna sandwich spread (canned tuna chunks, mayonnaise, sweet pickle relish, and chopped onions) on as "icing." I swear they tasted good! Ok, ok, I admit I was the only one who ever ate those things, but that's because I thought they tasted good! I would crave for them.
2. I'm sorry, but I don't like cats. I am a dog person. I love, love, love dogs!!!
3. I do not own a dog right now because I live in a place not big enough for the kind of dog I want: a golden retriever I want to name Sam (whether or not it is a boy or girl).
4. I looove coffee. I take my coffee strong (the stronger, the better), black, and with a little brown sugar. I do not drink instant coffee because I do not think instant coffee is real coffee. I admit to sometimes being a coffee snob: I sometimes roll my eyes at people who drink instant coffee. I sometimes think that people who put cream in their coffee "don't know how to drink coffee." But putting milk in coffee is ok. :P
5. I graduated cum laude from the University of the Philippines Diliman with a bachelor of arts degree in English studies (major: language).
6. I used to teach academic writing in De La Salle University - Taft.
7. I used to teach academic writing and literature in Ateneo de Manila University.
8. I once drank eight shots of espresso in a row. The baristas in Starbucks started worrying about me. They were asking if I was experiencing any heart palpitations from all the caffeine. I put all their concerns to rest when I promptly fell asleep at my table.
9. I used to teach English as a foreign language in the Ateneo Language Learning Center.
10. I don't like bananas. Bananas do not taste good. They are too soft for something so sweet, and too sweet for something so soft. Ew.
11. I do not like my nose. It is not a pretty nose. If I could change one thing about my body, it would be my nose. Some people are probably wondering at this point: Don't you want to lose weight? Yes. But I would like a prettier nose first!
12. But no, I will never have cosmetic surgery. I'm too scared of going under the knife, side effects, accidents, looking fake, etc. The nose thing is just if I could be granted a wish or something. :D
13. I am a very loving and caring person. But not very forgiving. :( I know, I know, that's bad for the offender AND offendee. :( I hold grudges. *sigh*
14. I am a very sweet and affectionate person. I love/am always hugging and kissing the people I care about.
15. As a little girl I played with fire with my younger brother JP. (Don't all kids do this?)
16. When I was younger I made at least two prank calls to 911.
17. I wear contact lenses during the day, and glasses at night. I wear my glasses during the day only if I stay at home the whole day.
18. I do not own a TV. The computer at home does not work properly and we do not have Internet access at home. These facts help explain how I have so much time for reading. :D
19. I have a crush on someone really nice, funny, sweet, tall, and cute. No, I will not give his name because he might read this. Anyway, the more I get to know him, the more I like him. :D
20. I love biology and environmental science. I hate chemistry and physics. I hate math, but I like geometry.
21. English and history have ALWAYS been my favorite school subjects.
22. I was the seventh grade representative to the student council in Becker Middle School. I wasn't elected though. Hahaha. No one ran for that post but they needed a seventh grade representative, so all the seventh grade teachers chose/appointed me.
23. I was the news editor for my high school newspaper (it was more like a news magazine).
24. I have a tender heart. I cry easily - tears of sadness, tears of joy, all kinds of tears.
25. My current favorite songs are Alicia Keys' "No One" and +NobodyKnows' "Heroes Come Back" (the opening song for Naruto Shippuden - my favorite anime series).
26. I have always been an honor student. I plan to get a PhD (maybe two) and even do formal post PhD studies. I love studying because I love learning. To not excel in academics is a horrible, horrible thought to me. :(
27. My stomach is a regular black hole.
28. If you think I turned 27 or 28 today because of the length of this list, you are wrong. :P