Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows

I tried to take my sweet time (I'm sad about the series coming to an end), but I finished reading Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows early this morning. I don't know how to articulate how I feel. I liked it. I loved it. It's all I've been thinking about for the past two weeks. It's all I'll be thinking about for two more weeks (at the very least). I'm obsessed. I'm a Harry Potter fanatic. HP7 is one of my favorite books in the series (the others being books 3 and 1). It was exciting, a real page turner (like all the other Harry Potter books, except for the second one - the one I like the least). I love how everything came full circle. I love how everything in the series fits. I think JK Rowling is a genius when it comes to plot. And it's amazing how HP7 is a satisfying end to the series and how it gives readers wonderful closure. I feel speechless, really.

Some spoilers caught up with me before I finished the book :( :( :( , but thank God most of the plot twists remained revelations to me :) . What do I do now that it's over? :( I can't believe this is really goodbye. :( I can't wait to watch the sixth and seventh Harry Potter movies. I hope JK Rowling writes more books. I think next I will read the His Dark Materials fantasy series in time for the movie coming out Christmas season...

Comments

Too bad it's over, but I am glad to hear you found it satisfying. You're tempting me to pick it up!
Anonymous said…
I'm glad you liked it. I did too. I want to start over from the beginning and do one long run from book 1 to book 7.

I'm looking forward to His Dark Materials movies too. Did you ever decide to read that trilogy?
Anonymous said…
By the way, I love the quotes you've pulled out (the 2 from Harry Potter and the 1 in your sidebar by G.K. Chesterton. I've always loved that quote.
Tarie Sabido said…
Natalie: I think you will enjoy reading the Harry Potter books. :D

Janece: I love the quotes too! I also want to read the entire Harry Potter series all over again. I plan to read His Dark Materials before the first movie comes out. :)