Here's the recommended reading list for the graduate course I am taking this semester:

Ulysses by James Joyce

Lady Chatterley's Lover by D.H. Lawrence

Fever Pitch by Nick Hornby

Bridget Jones's Diary by Helen Fielding

Paddy Clarke Ha Ha Ha by Roddy Doyle

Trainspotting by Irvine Welsh

By the way, I like my classmates. :) One is a university lecturer and Anglo-American literature major. Two are creative writing majors - one is focusing on fiction (she's already a published author!) and the other is focusing on poetry. The poetry major is also a book buyer for a major bookstore chain. How cool is that? I want her job! Two of my classmates are high school English teachers and education majors. (It's a small class.)

Comments

Anonymous said…
Sounds like an awesome bunch of classmates!

Ari (Baking and Books)
Are you constantly reading?
Tarie Sabido said…
Well, yes, I am constantly reading. Though my reading material is not always for my MA class. Hahaha. But I always come to class prepared. I always do my reading assignments. :)
This class looks awesome, although I have to say I didn't really get into Fever Pitch--I'm *so* American sometimes ;) Loved other Hornby stuff though.

Thanks for visiting and commenting on my blog :)