Birthday Celebrations

All of my closest friends' birthdays were/are this month. Isaac's birthday was on the 19th. My best friend CY's birthday was yesterday. And today is Corinne's birthday. Happy birthday Isaac, CY, and Corinne!!! =) =) =) I love you guys. Where would I be without you guys???

Corinne is in Zamboango City so I won't be able to celebrate with her. =( But on Saturday Isaac, CY, and I celebrated their birthdays. =) We went to this hole in the wall Chinese restaurant in the Recto area of Manila. Wah Sun is an interesting place. Hehehe. First you walk into this place with two huge black pigs - that are kept as pets! Then you walk upstairs to the actual restaurant and are greeted by... A giant yellow and white snake in one glass case and an alligator in another glass case! These two are really scary. They gave me goosebumps and I almost felt like throwing up when I looked at the snake. (Ewwwwww.) But it was all really interesting. There were also fish and turtles in glass cases. I liked the turtle with the spiky shell. There was also an enormous lizard - the biggest I've ever seen.

Don't worry, the animals were a safe distance from the tables and chairs and the food was yummy. Hee hee hee. We had hototay soup, yang chow fried rice, crab omelette, beef with broccoli, and baked mussels. =9

After eating we went to the Quiapo area to check out the pirated dvds. (Tsk tsk tsk - I know.) CY was able to buy several pirated dvds. I was looking for pirated dvds of the fourth season of The West Wing (one of my favorite TV shows) but they only had seasons 5 and 7.

Comments

bb said…
I'm going to check on that Wah Sun resto in Recto. What's its landmark? And I thought I know the eskinitas and places in recto.

Your friend Isaac and I have the same birthday! galing! happy b-day to him!
Tarie Sabido said…
Belated happy birthday. =) I'm sorry, I don't remember the landmarks because I'm really not familiar with the area. All I can say is that it is near the Recto LRT station (it's a five minute walk away). Maybe you can search for it online? Wah Sun has been featured in newspapers/magazines.