Friday, August 12, 2005

I know I know, I should blog more often...

I'm sorry I haven't been able to blog regularly. =( I finished reading Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince a couple of weeks ago and I wasn't able to blog about what I think of the book (and I promised to). Let's just say that I cried while reading Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince. I hate J.K. Rowling and I'm disturbed about how dark the Harry Potter books are becoming. I was depressed after reading the book. It really affected me and I had trouble concentrating on work for at least a week. My heart aches for Harry =( ...I'm still a fan of the Harry Potter books and I enjoyed reading book 6, but I have a lot of complaints about how the series is getting gloomier and gloomier. (I think a lot of the negativity is unnecessary! For example, why did Harry and Ginny have to break up? Voldemort can still use her against Harry even if she is just a friend!) J.K. Rowling stabs her readers in the heart... and then pours salt over the wound! I don't want to blog about Harry Potter anymore. =(

I've been busy with teaching for the English department and the ALLC and with my MA class. I don't have a life outside of work anymore (for example I don't have enough time to blog or to read the blogs of my friends). =( I don't have a social life. I need a vacation. I want to go to Bali, Indonesia and I want to go to Turkey...

1 comment:

Marikit said...

That's funny. I love the new direction Rowling is taking. I think it's because she's making a transition from children's literature to young adult literature, and all the complications this entails (her readers are getting older and older by the book!). I think it affects a lot of kids negatively (including you, Tarie, wise child) because it was a "safe" universe you could lose yourself in... but it's more adventurous now, more realistic and fractured...

People make choices, right or wrong, and these choices eventually shape the kind of lives they will lead (that's paraphrasing Dumbledore :-D).

Besides, knowing the conventions, Ginny will be back by Harry's side in the end, and Dumbledore isn't as dead as he seems.