It's been a while...

It's been a while since I last blogged. A lot has happened since then. I've started teaching for the Ateneo Language Learning Center (ALLC). I've been teaching foreigners in the Intensive English Language Program of the ALLC for a week now. The program will go on for seven weeks. I teach reading and writing in English to "group three," the intermediate group. I have five Korean students, one student from Kyrgyztan, two from Japan, two from Thailand, and two from Turkey. It's really nice meeting new people from different countries and it's so interesting learning about their cultures! They are nice, smart people. It's a nice challenge teaching them. I like them and I am having fun. =) Plus I'm making more money because of this "second job" of mine! =)

Khristine Cheng Chua (a good friend of mine here in the Ateneo English department) and Johann Ong are getting married this Saturday. Congratulations Khristine and Johann! =) Their wedding shower was last Friday. It was fun. =)

My student Jill just let me borrow her copy of Harry Potter Book 6. That was really sweet of Jill! I have a dilemma now though. I have so many things to do over the next two weeks, like checking 90 proposal paper drafts and writing a paper for my MA class. When will I have time to read the book? And I don't think I should keep the book for long since I'm just borrowing it. Oh well, things will work out. They always do. =) I'll probably blog again while or after reading the book to comment on it. =)

Comments