Artemis Fowl: The Opal Deception

I've finished reading Artemis Fowl: The Opal Deception, book four of the Artemis Fowl series by Eoin Colfer. It was good! =) It was packed with action. There were also some touching parts. =) The Opal Deception is one of my favorite Artemis Fowl books. My other favorite is book three, The Eternity Code. The Artemis Fowl books are like action movies in book form! I find the ideas in the books GENIUS. Plus I find the writing/prose really smart and witty. I definitely recommend the Artemis Fowl books to guys who are reluctant to read because they think reading is boring. There are no boring parts in the Artemis Fowl books.

I don't know what to read now. I just know that I want to read another fantasy book. I have my own copy of Abarat by Clive Barker. I could read that and if I like it then I can buy the sequel. I want to read the A Wrinkle in Time series by Madeleine L'Engle. But I have to borrow them first from Isaac or buy them. I don't have money right now to buy books. =( I also want to read the rest of the Giver trilogy by Lois Lowry and Newbery medal books (I just wrote an MA paper on two Newbery Medal books - I really enjoyed working on it!). But again, I don't have any money right now to buy books.

I've been doing a bit of research on blogs and I found out more about litblogs (blogs about anything and everything related to books) and academic blogs (written by academics, such as professors), and I realized that my blog is a litblog/academic blog. Cool. =)

Comments

bb said…
Ohh..so your blog is a lit blog..Interesting. :)
the city reader said…
i can lend you the ff if you want, since we see each other often anyway: a wrinkle in time, a wind in the door, a swiftly tilting planet, and many waters. =)
--naya
Jill said…
I love the header of your blog!

I am a fan of the Artemis Fowl series, too, and I just finished listening to the audio version of this one. I agree that kids who think reading is dull should definitely give this series a try. :-)
Tarie Sabido said…
Hi, Darla. Thank you! And three cheers for Artemis Fowl! =D